Re: [VAC] hydro-flame

Last e-mail before we leave on our trip.

The small Hydro-flame from that era didn't have any fan, so that was all
an add-on.  The original pilot & temp controller was in the lower aft
corner of the galvanized box, and a temp bulb ran a little ways along
the outside of the shroud.   The flame should burn about 3 inches tall.
Most likely you need to remove the burner from  the bottom of the
combustion chamber and clean the pile 'o crap that seems to collect on
these (from the outside exhaust duct) and the rust and scale, then wire
brush it up good and blow out the orifice.  Ours works just fine after
the above mentioned cleaning - was dead to world prior.
Here's a picture of ours.

http://members.home.net/dial/interior,heater.JPG

RJ
'65 Caravel