Re: [VAC] refurbishing 1976 AS 31'

Don,
 The service guy should have checked the back side of the evaporator
coils. Normally, the filter is in the front, the fan pulls the air
through the coils and pushes it out a vent. So, if they're dirty, it'll
be in the front where it's easy to see.

This is NOT the case with the condensor, there's no filter there.

Make sure that the air can't short-circuit from the fans and go around
either coil instead of through them.

That 48 degrees doesn't sound right, I think it should be lower.

Someone else mentioned a coil cleaner product. I don't know the name of
the stuff, but I've seen it demonstrated and used it in an industrial
setting. Spray it on the coils, let it sit for a short time, then hose
it off. Removed all the gunk, grease, etc.

                                      <<Jim>>