Re: [VAC] refurbishing 1976 AS 31'

Jim, I think you are right. The AC inspection labor charge was only 15
minutes. They preformed what they called a Delta Test, which I understand is
reading the discharge temp coming directly out of the unit after it has been
running for about 4 hours. They noted that the A/C was only putting out 60
degrees and that they inspected the Evaporator and it was clean. Their
recommendation was to replace the unit. That might be what is ultimately
necessary, but I am going to follow your advice and check the condenser
coils and see if any air is short-circuiting  around either coil instead of
through them.

If it stops raining here today I will get started on this and  post the
results. Thanks

Don Hardman