Re: [VAC] Ammonia cycle refrigerators.

Bill,
 My M-in-L does have electricity, but has the gas fridge for some
reason. She lives on the East Coast, near New Bedford, MA, and was the
only one in her neighborhood with refrigeration after the 1954
hurricane.

RV Mobile builds complete new cooling units, which is the way I'd go if
the rest of the unit was in good shape. Dometic isn't the best about
providing parts for the older units, unfortunately. Witness the little
flint striker wheel, something that should sell for a couple of bucks at
most. They raised the price to $25.00, then made it unavailable.
Although you can rejuvinate it with a Dremel tool, bypassing Dometic in
favor of the piezo ignitor is a better deal anyway.

The baffle is just a piece of sheetmetal, something that could be
fabricated in a couple of minutes. The burner might be a bit more
problematic.

                                                <<Jim>>