Re: [VAC] transmission coolers-

Terry, your trip sounds like mine in the 50s, towing a 33 ft Liberty house
trailer with a little Dodge pickup.  I drove the whole length of the Pa
Turnpike, holding the gear shift lever in place, it would pop out of gear it
I didn't hold it in!  The front wheels did not have a good grip on the
pavement if the hill was very steep so steering was iffy! I got stuck and had
to be towed up a hill cause I tried to back down (it was too steep for the
truck to go up) and I jack knifed it, blocking the road completely.  A farmer
hooked up his tractor and towed me to the top. What a trip - took me three
days from western Mass to Ft. Campbell, Ky where my husband was in the army.
He must have been really stupid to let me do this, or had great faith?  Or
maybe he was smarter than I think! I also got the trailer stuck under a gas
station canopy, they were lower in those days!

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado