[VAC] Help!! 14x25 vent caps

This is an all out request to all the 260 members of this List.  We are
trying to figure how many Airstreams were made with the older 14x25,
rectangular vents. Most of them used the old cast aluminum LeDeau Mfg
closures, made in LA.  The vent cap could be raised on either end by
screwing the LeDeau closure up or down.  I think the 14x25 vent was
installed as early as 1958, and as late as 1968.   It did not come in
each model, but many.  All the 750 Bambi's had the long vent.  If you
have a long vent cap, please let us know, because Steve Hingtgen at
Airstream Dreams is in the process of trying to have that cap made in
Lexan, and a choice of colors.   I think you can still buy that cap from
some price pirates, in fiberglass, but it is very expensive.

Please, let us know, your year and model.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU
http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/