Re: [VAC] Looking to purchase 1968 - $5k high or low?

Carla,
    If you truly plan to restore a trailer down to replacement of the
plywood deck, the trailer cost should not be more that $2,000. That is not
to say that the trailer you are looking at is only worth $2k its just that
you will be spending more than $10,000 in materials and appliances to get a
26 foot coach through this process.
                                    This does not include labor.
    In the past year and a half, I have seen the demand for Airstreams
skyrocket. Prices are triple what they were. As word of the demand spreads
people begin to ask ridiculously high prices for trailers that need
restoration. The desire to own one and the feeling that "this may be our
last chance" plays into buyers feelings and ends up in them paying these
extortive prices. My advice to all looking for their dream coach is keep
looking for that one that is priced right. For an unrestored $5,000 asking
price, every system should be demonstrated as working and ready to go. If
none of the appliances work you are looking at spending well over $5,000
installed to have them replaced.

    Help keep prices reasonable! Take your Time there are still plenty out
there both restored and unrestored.

WAM52
'66 TWLY
'63 OLLY