Re: [VAC] Re: WHY SHINY AIRSTREAM?

Vanessa, if your airstream doesn't have clear-coat, or plasti-kote, you
probably don't have anything to 'strip' off the bare metal... and though I'm
loathe to offer advice i've not yet myself followed, i intend to take my '49
to a truck wash, and, having first masked off windows and draped plastic
dropcloths over the tires, and subject the airstream to an 'acid wash'. This
is how they keep those steel and aluminum tanker-trucks so shiny... (i got
this tip from Sue Murphy at IowaBoys... )

Now that I'm thinking about the extent to which this could have unintended
and disastrous effects, I think i'll take a section of the belly pan down
and try it on that, first... I'll keep you all posted...

Tuna.