Re: [VAC] plumbing

Ron, regarding your mismatch plumbing. I had this same problem and finally
realized mine came from the last owner not winterizing and the pipes
freezing and their attempts to repair the leaks using plastic. They had
already patched 2 leaks when they gave up while trying to solder a Quest
adaptor fitting for 5/8" I.D. into the end of tubing that they had wallowed
out to about .650 I.D. and the solder just kept flowing out on the floor.
Most all the  1/2" pipe (5/8 O.D. copper) measured .650 to .655 instead of
.625. When I finally realized what had happened I just took all the plumbing
out made a list of all replacements using copper. I looked at all plastic
but it costs 3 times as much and being an old timer I just don't like
plastic pipe under pressure.

Phil Piper
1966 Overlander International