Re: [VAC] Tire question

A tire will get very hot, very quickly, if it's really soft. I had a p/u
with a slow leak in a tire, noticed it as quite soft one morning.
Thought, "I'm only going to the restaurant, it's just 4 miles away, and
it'll be OK for that trip." It lasted just about a mile before coming
apart.

I once saw an article in Popular Mechanics or some such magazine where
they inflated a passenger car tire until it exploded. Pressure was over
200 PSI!

My opinion is that you can never have a catastrophic problem due to
over-inflation, the vehicle will just ride hard and the tire will wear
out prematurely. Underinflation is an entirely different story.