Re: [VAC] Tire question

Roger,
 I don't pretend to be a tire expert, but every failure that I've
experienced over the years was preceeded by too-low pressure in the
tire. Possibly caused by a slow leak or even a small puncture, whatever.
My practice is to walk around the trailer every time I stop and feel the
tires and wheel hubs (no hubcaps for me, thank you) for excessive heat.
They should feel cool.

It's nearly impossible to over-pressurize a tire to the point where
it'll 'explode' or 'blow up'. Too much pressure will cause it to wear
out in the middle and can lead to damage from hitting sharp objects such
as the edge of a pothole, etc., but you're much more likely to have
damage due to underinflation. The tires on your A/S should probably be
inflated to 50 PSI or maybe more, if you have them at 35 PSI, they'll
probably run too hot.

Of course, a hot day makes it even worse, but also makes underinflation
more of a problem also.

                                        <<Jim>>