[VAC] Turn Signal Problem

Hi All,

I am preparing my 1979 Ford pickup for towing and have a problem with the
turn signals.

With the trailer harness plugged into the tow vehicle socket the turn
signals flash quickly and the "on" portion of the cycle is so short that I
can barely see the bulbs light.  I asked a local RV dealer about it and he
suggested that I replace the turn signal flasher with a heavy duty one.  He
suggested that I purchase one from NAPA so I did.  The result was no
change.  The emergency flashers and tail/running lights work OK though so I
believe I do not have any "ground" problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

John Buffalow
WBCCI #3900