Re: [VAC] Newbie

Olly,

Thanks for the insight in what is involved with replacing the old 300 ohm
with 75 ohm coax. I took the old antenna cable loose and securely attached
the new coax to it and told my wife to feed it throught as I pulled it out
the roof. Only got about 3 inches.......hmmm...now I know why. I guess for
whatever reason they ran it down the spline of the coach before doing the
90 degree drop at the frig. I figured this would be just too easy. Removing
ceiling panels sounds serious and I don't consider myself a "finish
carpenter".
I did find a way into the coach via the screen below the frig for a
portable satellite setup. I had seen comments that a portable tripod
arangement was more versatile than fixed on the coach, especially in an
area with trees. What is involved with removing or loosening the ceiling
panels to feed new coax? Frig is now running on gas-success (flint wheel
needs replaced with piezo).....water heater appears to have a slow interanl
leak......another pending project. Thanks!

                                              1973 Safari