Re: [VAC] Wilsonart airstream

OK, WAM and others that have "voted" on their preference for the
Wilsonart "Project" Airstream.   I think you are all missing the yacht.
This Project trailer is just that, a "project".   It is not a design for
older vintage remodels.  It is a statement about the possibility of new
design interiors for new small, lightweight Airstreams, aimed at the Gen
X'ers and Baby Boomers, and still working families, that would like a
newer style Airstream, with a tough and lightweight interior.  It is
designed for lap top connections, cell phone, email, efax, and other
modern amenities to attract the modern buyer.   The new 16 ft single
axle prototype, at the factory, just may be a platform, for this type
interior.   It may not have a bathroom, but it could easily have one.  I
think the stove was/is hidden under the counter.  I know some of you are
"Stuck in the fifties", and that's not a bad place, but I would prefer
not to be stuck at all.  The bottom line, is ,..........can Airstream
continue to be viable, selling large heavy coaches at 60K a pop??  Even
their smallest, the 19ft Bambi is $26K, and over 4,000 lbs.   I applaude
Wilsonart, Jim Huff, and Grace Jeffers, for their courage, and brilliant
design.   If Thor makes the commitment to bring out a line of the modern
light weight, smaller coaches,  I think it will be a winner with younger
families.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU