Re: [VAC] wilsonart airstream

thanks for the link, Judy.

the wilsonart airstream (notice that they don't mention it by name) *does*
have a distinctly "Jetsonian" feel to it... I wonder what Wally would have
thought - I suspect that he would have loved it - one of his many mottoes
being 'Never leave well-enough alone...'

I really liked it, but wondered how easy/difficult it would be to
'personalize' it... I 're-designed' the layout of my 20' '65 GT a couple of
times before I found the optimum balance between convenience, comfort, and
'cosiness'...and interestingly, i ended up with something pretty close to
the original layout. The Byam-era Airstreams were extraordinarily well
thought-out. But I too have trouble 'leaving well-enough alone... '

I sincerely hope that Grace and Jim are successful in re-orienting Thor to a
younger market - it would be nice to see Airstream re-vitalized.
For myself (and most of us on this list, i suspect), though, the vintage
land yachts will *always* be the 'real Airstream'...

Tuna.