Re: [VAC] wilsonart airstream

When I stepped into the Wilsonart Airstream in Bismarck, and met Jim
Huff, and Grace Jeffers, they didn't have a clue as to what model it
was.   I gave the serial number to Karnack, and he told me it was a
1954, 18 ft Globe Trotter, with a dry weight of 2040 lbs, and a new
suggested retail price of $3200.  I gave that info to Jim Huff, and he
was most appreciative.  I was also appreciative of their efforts with
Thor and Airstream.  I think their main objective, is to influence
Airstream and the new 16ft prototype single axle seen recently at the
factory.   In order to attract new younger buyers, the coach must be
lighter, and much less costly than the current 19ft , $26,000, Bambi.  A
light weight new 16 ft Bambi, with a modern interior, that can be pulled
by a small SUV, or small pickup, and will sell for about $169 per month,
will attract a whole new group of buyers.  In 2001, the original Bambi
will be 40 years old.  It would be fitting to introduce a new
"Lightweight" Bambi for the new Millennium.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi