[VAC] Advise

Until today I have been offline since June 8 so have missed a lot of good
stuff.  Now I have a question for you. Everyone please  feel free to
answer.

After the Bismarck rally I came to Provo, UT to visit my grand kids.
Just to be nice to may car, '93 Crown Vic, I had the oil changed.  They
either left the plug out or didn't put any oil in it and burned the motor
up trying to start it. Didn't even get it off the grease pit!  I am now
told that particular engine has zero tolerance for no oil.  That was July
11. This is July 19 and I'm still waiting for my car.  They wanted to put
a junk yard motor in it which I refused and after a lot of negotiating
they ordered a  Factory rebuilt motor out of Phoenix on Friday.

It is now Wed., the motor had arrived and is being installed.  Since I am
towing my Bambi, I am wondering how far I should drive it to break it in
before hooking up to go home to Oregon.  Any ideas or input would be
appreciated.  What should I watch for?
\
As many of you know, I travel alone so if something should happen on the
road it would be no great joy.

Jiffylube is paying my rent here at the KOA and they have furnished me
with a rental car.

I am still hosting the Brooks Rally Aug. 4-5-6.  See the Web page.

Kathy #17792