[VAC] Help with History,..Help!

Hey all you listees out there.  It isn't often I ask for help, but now ,
I am pleading.  In 1939, the War Department,(now DoD) issued a Strategic
Metals order, forbidding the use of Sheet Aluminum in making civilian
products.  That is one of reasons Wally stopped making Airstreams from
1938 to 1946.   I have searched with my puny search engine, and come up
with very little.   What I need is the official name and date on the
document issued by the War Dept. in 1939.    If any of you historians,
or you guys with massive search engines could look up the document, I
would be most appreciative. This information will help the VAC and Bud
Cooper, with the new survey on models and production years.   Thanking
you in advance.

Bill Scott
Concours Steward
Vintage Airstream Club