Re: [VAC] Installing Fan-tastic Fans

My fan motor saga continues.  I have a couple of observations and questions for
the group.

I have installed the new 12 volt fan motor I got from Granger in my '65 Caravel
and it only runs on 12 volt.  When I go to city power, the new motor hums and
drags.  The voltage at the fan switch checks at 13v DC on battery power and 21v
AC on city power.  I am going to try to follow the wiring today and see if there
is a point where the amps are drooping, the electric diagram shows the pump in
line before the fan.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, I have looked at the electric schematic for the 65' Caravel and I don't see
where the 12 volt system is charged with the univolt.  (I am going to send the
schematic under separate email to keep the size of the message within allowable
parameters - I hope).  Is there something I'm missing here, does the univolt
really charge the battery?

I was told by Inland RV that there is a replacement for the univolt that will
charge the battery while on city power.  The cost of this item is about $350; I
would have to call them for the name and manufacturer as it was mentioned while I
was asking about a replacement black water tank.  I know that some people have
replaced the old univolt system with newer technology.  How difficult is this?

One last question:  If I were to install a Fantastic Vent, will it run on the 21v
AC that is supplied by the univolt while on city power?

Thanks,

Pete
'65 Caravel