Re: [VAC] Polishing paticulars

Don't worry about chalk,  Just polish over it and it should be just fine.
 Windows and drip edges you have to do some hand work or use a samll high
speed hand drill with buffing pad to reach areas big buffer cannot reach.
 If furnace water heater covers are aluminum just polish them on the
trailer.  Open them to get  under skin under edges.  If they are painted
aluminum get some paint remover  and then polish.  If not aluminum you
may have to paint them on send them out to be chromed (like I did on
water tank) DO NOT use steel wool.  You will ruin the aluminum.  Either
buff out the scratches with your heaviest polish or  you can try a little
sanding starting with 400 grit, then 800 grit then 1000 grit paper.  Sand
in one direction only.   I found the sanding created its own problems and
I could  buff out the scratches almost as well.  What couldn't be buffed
out I left as best I could get them.  Understand that the trailer is a
vintage, an antique, and like all antiques  certain amount of stress
marks, scratches, etc. are not possible to remove and you learn to live
and appreciate them.

Roy Lashway