[VAC] Polishing paticulars

What kind of prep is done before starting the polishing job? Do you remove all the caulking? I've caulked my seams with Alcoa gutter seal and it would take a major effort to remove and recaulk. How are the window and door drip edges and window frames done...by hand? How about the furnace and hot water heater covers? It their any helpful pointers on scratches? Do you use steel wool to remove them first then polish that area? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tim Childers
62 Tradewind
47 Liner