[VAC] No Lacquer?

Thanks to all who have helped me with my polishing project.  I am a still a
little confused.  My Airstream owner's manual (page 92-93) states that my
1968 "Airstream has been protected by an acrylic lacquer finish applied at
the factory"  Later on it states " To clean your Airstream after oxidation
has taken place the following procedure is recommended, 1.  Wash with good
detergent........
2.  Remove all traces of acrylic coating with a good grade LACQUER solvent.

This is what I did.  I used lots of it.     The coating got sticky and then
I scrubbed it off using a Mouse Sander with a scotch brite pad. Wiped it
down with a rag soaked in lacquer solvent.  Made a black mess, but left bare
aluminum.

Now I've gotten replies telling me I do NOT have a lacquer finish and that I
need to use paint stripper.  Unfortunately, the acrylic lacquer finish is
already removed on 1/2 of my trailer.  So I think I'll stick with the method
I started with, for the sake of uniformity.

Thanks again for all the suggestions! Susie
1968  24' Tradewind Landyacht
0248J654