[VAC] TV Antenna

Hi Group,
We just returned from a 4 week run with the trip ending with the
International. During this time we were only able to get 1 and on a good day
maybe 2 TV channels at any one of our stops. The kids were getting antsy by
the end. I am using the original 68 TV antenna that came on the coach and I
am considering changing to either a Sensar by Wingard or the Road Star. I
like the idea of the Road Star because there are no moving parts and it would
fit between my center vent and the AC unit, it is the round model vs the type
that raises and is '"T" shaped (Sensar). Has anyone used this model? It sits
around 8 inches high and the AC unit could block it from one side, could that
really cause a problem?
Any other recommendations out there short of Dish, we are not out that much
and have a good cable service at home.
Thanks
Ed (Bob)
WBCCI 4425