Re: [VAC] nother request for ID# info

Hey Doug,  before I had a chance to ask Karnack about the supposed
"Pacer",  he lashed out, " Not that Rowbottom again, what is this, some
Canadian, .....trick question?"  He says we need more info.  I say, if
it is a Pacer, with a 4 digit number, it is a pre 1959, or a custom.
The SS does indicate  Santa Fe Springs, but, the official Mobile Home
report does not indicate a Pacer being made pre 1959.  Perhaps our Pacer
expert in London, Anthony will chime in with the specs on his Pacer.
Very few Pacer's were made, but as I recall, Anthony's has a number
similar to the one you refer.  If you are going to buy it, get me some
more info, like , axle, exact length, does it have a "Pacer name plate?"
One thing I have noticed about 1960 models, that is unlike others, and
that is the elaborate nameplate with the engraving of Wally with the
Beret, and a Land Yacht Pilot wheel, plus 2 or 3 colors.  I have only
seen those nameplates on 1960 models. Scott S. and Garnett both have
1960's, and they have the plate.    Scott's looks especially nice,
because he and Lise, restored it to "like new condition".  I'll tell
Karnack to back off,...........eh.

Bill