[VAC] Ground Wires in 12 Volt Circuits

Hello,

I've been reading about poor ground connections since I started with this
mailing list in February.  I'm wondering... if one was going to rewire a
trailer (like I'm going to do to this shell I just purchased)  would it not
make sense to run two wires to each light instead of depending on the
trailer to provide the ground circuit?

Anybody ever done that?....  comments...

On the other hand, if for some reason you must use the trailer body for the
ground circuit, what is the proper way to create a ground which will not
need baby sitting over the years?

John Buffalow