[VAC] Table & Coax

Title: Table & Coax
Hi Tim Childers,
Have you checked the VAC home page pictures? I haven't
done that recently, but do recall some interior shots
of vintage dinettes. I'll take you some time to look
through the caravan pictures to find them.

Also, you might want to look at Jim Dumyer's pictures:
< http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer>

He made up a dinette from scratch and seeing those
pictures could help you recreate an idea of what yours
looked like - just from seeing how he positioned his
latches. Who knows, you may end up fabricating a
dinette to match your latches (or do something else).
A millwork shop can make up a classy dinette table to
match a cupboard door you bring in as a sample.

Coax is easy to run if you feed one end without a
connector. Then, any holes you need to drill have only
the diameter of the cable. I've run coax is several
vintage Airstreams and always snake it as close as I
can to the wall and along the floor behind cabinets,
under beds. I use a lot more cable than one might
anticipate. When I estimate the length, I triple what
would be "as the crow flies."

Radio Shack has some neat tools for installing connectors.
I keep a separate tool box for those, for the printed
directions and an old parts catalog. There are too many
details to have everything memorized. A little help with
reminders is useful to me.

Tim, I added a subject line to your posting. It's
easy to overlook doing that. I'm not being critical
or condescending. Subject lines are very helpful for
filing or sorting (so we can read all of postings on
one topic before starting on another subject).