Re: [VAC] skin restoration

Warning- see what is under the body repairs it could be 'bondo'

Well  as far as 'environmentally friendly' No some are more obnoxious then
others. Try 3M' s "safest stripper"
it is a non solvent based product. I have used it and it works. I used to
strip furniture a lot and have used most every type of stripper out there. I
would not use any of the solvent strippers (combinations of
acetone,methylene chloride,toluene, methanol etc. ) with out serious rubber
gloves ( a few pair as permeation takes about 3 minutes and then about
another 5 till they tear) and at least a 1/2 face respirator with an organic
vapor cartridge. The 3M requires only gloves. The sludge you will have
everywhere (I mean everywhere) is no fun it will be a slimy mess. And if the
paint contains lead (yes even many newer paints do) then you have a more
hazardous substance on your hands. There are other types of strippers that
are non solvent based, some at very high prices. try a few and see what
works. With the 3M put it on T H I C K. as thick as you can and let it sit
for a long long time. Get plenty of tarps and some coveralls. Either start
small and keep it clean, or get tons of rags (6x what you think you will
need) trap the whole area and jump in and then have someone hose you off at
the end of the day. This is a messy but very doable project.
PS. please do not SHOUT
good luck
Ron