[VAC] skin restoration

Greetings to all,

    Hi, my wife and I  are new e-mail members and are delighted to be
part of a vintage group(people or trailers).  We hail from the Central
Coast of California (Arroyo Grande).  Our semi-rural hamlet is located
approximately 17 miles north of Santa Maria along Highway 101.  Dianne
and I have been in the area for just over three years.

    Two years ago we purchased a 1973, 27' Airstream.  Virtually all the
interior appliances had been replaced within the last two years and the
unit was in nearly impecable condition.

    HERE'S MY QUESTION.  As a result of connecting with a stationary
mailbox, the previous owner had elected to have the skin painted a flat
grey following the body repairs.  While the unit visually remains an
airstream, we would like to restore the original look which the unit
demands.    IS THERE ANY TYPE OF REMOVAL AGENT WHICH WOULD BE
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY AND THAT MY WIFE AND I COULD DO?  CAN YOU HELP?

    A brief word about the two of us.  I am a Teacher in a medium size
junior high school located in Santa Maria.  My wife is an Administrative
Assistant for a frozen food processing plant also located in Santa
Maria.  We are beginning to do some reading regarding extended traveling
and ultmately full time RVing.  We look forward to chatting with many of
you soon.

Best,

Bill & Dianne Risdon