Re: [VAC] tow vehicles

My old F-350 with 5.13 rear axle from a bigger truck, New Process 435
transmission with 7.5:1 first gear, and a dinky 390 with four barrel
will pull at least 13,800 pounds and not get warmed up but won't pass
filling stations... Gets about 9 mpg no matter what the load unless I
push it above 55 then the mileage drops.

Nothing is power but the engine, the mice are eating the seat, one can
check progress by looking down through the floor boards and one needs
hearing protection... but its got pulling power. Its not quite ugly
enough for winning an ugly truck contest, and it hasn't been one of my
better investments. Wish I didn't have it. A flat bed trailer and my
present 1/2 ton will move as much material with a lot lower loading
height, though the flat bed trailer won't unload like tilting the bed on
the 1 ton does.

Gerald J.