[VAC] Sunbeam Trailer Products Features Page

All,

With all the talk of FLUORESCENT lights of late, and because I can't
seem to get to sleep, look what I found.

They talk a good story anyway.

http://www.rvamerica.com/sunbeam/features.htm

bobb

--

Bob Basques

'73 Excella 500, 31'

Title: Sunbeam Trailer Products Features Page
SERVING THE RV INDUSTRY SINCE 1939

United States Patent No. 5,568,018

Reliability is what your customers need. Sunray TS is Reliable

Sunbeam Lights with Patented Ballast

If RELIABILITY is what you are looking for then Sunray TS is the answer. Our Sunray TS design will make your customer's tubes last four times longer and the ballast is designed to work on all types of RV power sources. The ballast is voltage and temperature compensating. Our light output is of the highest level and the operating temperature never exceeds the maximum capacitor rating. In fact, our ballast operates in some cases 50 degrees cooler than the competitor's light. Excessive temperature is one of the most common causes of ballast failure. If their light is connected to a standard type linear power converter or is turned on when the motor home is being driven down the highway, the capacitor in the ballast will over heat and in time will fail. When the capacitor fails it causes the refrigerator and air conditioning systems to malfunction. To make matters worse, the light fixture will still light up the tubes, so your customer thinks his refrigerator has gone bad and after a great deal of expense and aggravation they discover that the source of the problem was a defective light fixture.

Our Sunray TS ballast has four components to reduce line feedback, theirs has only one. In fact our line feedback is only about 150 millivolts, while theirs is between 450 to 1000 millivolts. Line feedback can cause radio and TV interference. To further reduce radio noise all Sunray TS fixtures are completely grounded. Grounding the ballast, reflector, and fixtures reduces radiated noise. Their fixtures do not employ any of these features.

The Sunray TS ballast was designed with the full time RVer in mind. With our ballast, tube replacement cost are reduced by 300% or more. Our ballast can withstand `out of adjustment` generators and is capable of running at 24 volts, (for about 15 minutes). This can happen when the battery bank is connected in series instead of parallel. Under such a condition all other 12 volt lighting will burn out. If they have Sunray TS fluorescent lighting they will have plenty of light to replace their burned out fixtures.

Our operating frequency is nearly twice that of the other light, so the potential to interfere with TV & VCR remote controls is greatly reduced.

Exclusive Features

5312 Production Drive
Huntington Beach CA 92649-1523
(714) 842-3121