Re: [VAC] tow vehicles

ok... i'll come clean - the reason i was looking for a lightweight '40's
model is that i intend to tow it with my '99 Plymouth... Prowler. gonna beef
up the hitch, and fabricate an ultra lightweight aluminum pipe-frame for the
20' Clipper...
Got all the hp and torque i could possibly use (consider what people were
towing with, in 1949) but I need to lower the center of gravity a tad, and
keep the a/s weight (loaded) under 2500 lbs...

btw... I towed my 27' overlander with a wimpy '83 S-10 Blazer... not the
best rig, and i can certainly understand this powerlust i'm sensing here...

for those long hauls over the Sierras, or the Rockies, though, a '99 Durango
w/magnum V-8 does the trick quite nicely... great sound system, too.

Be interesting to see what my kittykat can do with a lightweight
airstream... tows her luggage trailer loaded to 1,000lbs like it's not even
there...

Tuna.