Re: [VAC] Black tank removal steps....'68 Safari

Talk about timely info!  I just today started ripping at my belly pan on the
'64 Safari to achieve  a new toilet replacement, new waste valve to accept
modern fittings, and to halt a little critter I could hear climb into the
belly pan every morning through the gaps.
Nick- good step-by step description of the removal for your "68. Thanks for
that.  My "64 is a galvanized sheet metal box that totally encases the black
water tank. I have peeled down the belly pan from the aft end forward between
the two main frame members, but it is continuously one piece from there
forward. This hampers me from getting at the remaining bolts holding the box
up on the forward end. The two sides & rear bolts were of course totally
rusted. The simplest way was to grab them with a vice-grips and bend them til
they broke off above the nut. I know these have been bolted from above, and
Have no idea where they are located inside the bathroom, under my new vinyl
floor. I will be discovering much as I go.  This tank is definitely fiberglass
, and I believe is sound with no leaks.  I think I will have to bring out the
metal shears to get access to the remaining bolts.
Any advice offerings from the list?
 Jere Potter 1877