Re: [VAC] Hot Water Lines

On the subject of plugged water lines anywhere, I spoke to a nice service
man in Texas today who suggested there might be a "dirt dawg" in the
line.  A what?  I said, "you know spiders or somethin'".  At any rate,
whatever a "dirt dawg" is will reportedly only be about 18 inches to the
line or so. (presumably from a fawcet or something) and it was recommended
that we poke a wire into the line. Hmmmmm, yeah, me too.

Anyway, today we got all the water to work from the water tank, and I
believe we are now leak free!!!  Yeah!!  Many dances of joy and a beer
later I thought I might let you know what the symptoms and problems really
were.

Our manual says to turn on all the valves.  We being newbies turned on all
the valves under the galley sink, and guess what?  Water comes out!  I
know, big surprise.  Anyway, we hemmed and hawed and looked at drawings and
diagrams until we decided that there was no way that those valves could be
on if you wanted water in the system to come out of the faucets, so we
closed them and turned on the pump.  Water still came out from the drain
valve underneath.  When it was all said and done we replaced the rubber
gaskets in each of the shut-offs and voila, it all works.  Then of course
we had to fix the faucets because they were all seized up, but that took
very little brain power, which was a really good thing....

So, tomorrow we're looking at the water heater and the propane
system.  Wish us luck and if anyone needs advice on fixing faucets, we are
now seasoned professionals. (ha ha)

Jodi of J&J 1972 Overlander