Re: [VAC] Re: V10 Dodge as tow vehicle

Hi Gary,
We have a 99 Dodge V10.  We've had it two months now and haven't pulled our
73 Overlander 27' more than about 300 miles on a weekend trip.  The Dodge
got about 9--10 miles per gallon.  It is an excellent pull vehicle but it
does like the gas.  On an a/s this old be sure you pack the bearings,
replace the seals etc.  We didn't and we lost a wheel.Didn't even feel the
wheel come off, not even a bump. My husband is an experienced truck driver
and is in tune to any unusual bumps or anything strange feelling when
driving.  He was so mad at himself for not going over it real good before
taking a trip.  A real bummer.  It didn't damage the spindle thank goodness
and we were able to limp home on the one wheel on one side.  We did have new
tires thank goodness.  We're all fixed up now though and will be ready to
take a longer trip the middle of July.
DSK in TEXAS