Re: [VAC] Re: V10 Dodge as tow vehicle

My neighbor Dave (gjilda@ames.net) just traded his '97 extended cab full
bed Dodge with 318 for a '98 extended cab (with all the doors) full bed
4x4 Dodge with the V-10. 10 mpg seems the top mileage so far (one short
trip). He's pulling a 30' SOB mobile castle... The 318 wasn't enough for
hills into the wind though with a tail wind coming home from the camper
dealer at 65 mph he did 62 miles on 8 gallons of gas. He's already
planning on a Cummins diesel next year. I don't think he's ready to
admit that house moving should be at 50 instead of 65 mph.

A lot of the performance and gas mileage may depend on the axle ratio
though changing my F-150 from 3.08 to 4.10 hasn't effected the gas
mileage detectably (at least unloaded). I should complete the first
hitching of the Caravel this weekend.

Gerald