[VAC] Re: V10 Dodge as tow vehicle

We're considering the purchase of a 1996 Dodge extended cab pickup as a tow
vehicle for our (soon-to-be-roadworthy) 1972 25-foot Tradewind. This
particular Dodge has a V-10 Magnum engine. Has anyone on the list had
experience with using this type of vehicle for towing a similar-sized
trailer? I've heard only that the truck can be a gas hog, but nobody can
supply any real figures. Are we looking at 8mpg? 10mpg (claimed by current
owner towing a flatbed trailer of unknown weight), or more? I like the
non-diesel noise levels, but I don't want to spend all of our time bellying
up to the gas pumps. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Gary