Re: [VAC] Batteries and Jalousies

If your battery container lets the battery bounce, its not complete. The
impacts of landing will lead to early battery demise. The proper battery
box should include a hold down of some sort. Universal battery hold down
clamps are available at many places batteries are sold and come complete
with J-hook bolts. I'm not sure a nylon strap is strong enough and I'm
fairly sure the nylon won't survive battery acid splashes forever.

I question the wisdom of fusing the battery ground/negative wire. That
leads to confusing troubleshooting when the loads don't work. In AC
wiring breaking the ground side of anything is considered an unsafe
practice.

Gerald J.