[VAC] Falcon info.

Tough shape or not -- I think I'd make an offer on a
Falcon if I saw one - actually, I'd probably prefer
tough shape personally -- nothing like bringing a
rarity back to life.

I got a copy of a brochure from someone on this list -
it's tough to read, but implies that there was a
falcon in 1960 - I believe it was 22' long.

In the book "History of the Land Yacht" there is a
photo promoting a 1964 Airstream Falcon with a 1964
Ford Falcon.  Looks shorter than 22' but it's hard to
gauge.

All this info is from memory - I may be slightly off
on my info - but I've only seen the curb-side and only
in one photo.  looks like stacked vista-view type
windows behind the door.

stop by it - get the serial number and info from the
name plate, measure it from back bumper to ball, take
some pictures - I'd like to see them - as I'm sure
many on the list would - and send scans or copies to
the VAClub - More information for the rest of us never
hurts...

p.s. - I've been taking pictures of airstreams for
about 6 years -- like a bird watcher you know?  Only
"semi-rare" thing I've gotten on film is a Dutchman's
cap - I was following him on the road - couldn't get
him to pull over - think he thought I was a crazy, and
maybe he's right.

Toby 2029