[VAC] Vent Caps

OK, vent caps, vent covers, I suppose one is clear, one is aluminum. I got
the Hammond type vent thing from Lindeen in opaque white. When resting on
the lifters, there was about a 1/2" gap to the frame. A while back, Scott S.
had photos of his solution, which I copied. He simply got some aluminum door
seal with the vinyl bulb on one side, wrapped it around the frame, and
riveted it on. Mine is in process, to be finished this weekend when we bring
our baby home to work on it, much to the Princesses dismay. "You don't get
it, it makes me feel sick to look at that disgusting thing!" (Typical
teenage anthem) It hasn't kept the boys away, they all think it's cool.
You can get the rectangular covers-for a big price-from Inland RV, but I
have heard rumors that they are history. It's worth a call, if Andy is going
out of business someone could buy up a lot of stock, but he would probably
sell out at normal retail cost!
Mike & Leslie
'62 Tradewind (it is NOT disgusting- any more!)