[VAC] Replacement Rims no fit

 Can any body tell me who was it that was just on this list having problems
with the chevy rims not fitting the center hub of their wheel? I did not save
that message.
 I have a similar situation. I'm wanting to get rid of my split rims on the
'64 Safari. I just got 3 chevy rims from the junkyard. I'm having 2 of them
sandblasted as we speak. The 3rd I'm keeping for the spare as it is plain
white and clean looking. So, today I took off one of the wheels to get ready
for the big switch, and just for fun I tried the Empty rim on the hub, and
the center hole is about 1/8 inch too small, like 3 1/2" vs 3 5/8" for the
orig split rim. I measured everything so carefully, and  AAARGHHH! Also, I
tried on the kinda rotten spare tire , and find that the Clearance too small.
The current good tires are pretty narrow.
Any ideas from the list?? What have others done?  Thanks, Jere Potter 1877