[VAC] re: Gas leak=BOOM, almost.

I just had a Certified RV tech inspect my '73 A/S as I thought I had a small
gas leak that I couldn't find. He used a LP gas "sniffer" and the thing went
crazy. The diaphragm in the regulator leaks, pig tails leak, hose to the
catalytic heater leaks, a valve under the sink leaks and the furnace is
totally unsafe! (we don't use the furnace.) One thing he told me was to
periodically check the hoses as they are designed to "dimple" rather than
split when they fail. This way you have small leaks instead of a major
spewing of gas. Don't tell me, I need a LP detector, it is on the shopping
list. The tech will be back out tomorrow to replace all of the flex lines,
the regulator and to disable the furnace until I replace it.
Have a happy 4th, remember to say thanks to the veterans that have made it
possible for us to celebrate it.
Greg
caservice@uswest.net