Re: [VAC] 1962 Overlander , Electrical system

Terry,
 It sounds like someone installed a 20-amp 240VAC plug. It should be
changed to a 20-amp 120VAC style or better yet, a regular 30-amp RV
(120VAC) plug. The latter has 2 flat prongs that are at an angle, and
one large round pin for ground.

There should be at least one fuse, perhaps more than one, for the 12VDC.
The battery MUST NOT be wired up without fuses!

My '68 G.T. has the poly water tank under the front couch, above the
floor. The demand pump is mounted right alongside the tank.

Get a length of standard trailer cable for your connector rewire job.
Also, do some checking, I think the 7-pin flat blade style of connector
is more common these days. Wire the connector per the standard (see
http://www.championtrailers.com), then match up the functions in that
connection area under the belly of the trailer.

Good luck!!                               <<Jim>>