[VAC] Batteries

Folks:

To those who are interested.  My '62 Globetrotter has the small aluminum
battery tray in the front behind the LP tanks.  Since the tray is designed
for a narrow 12 volt battery I thought I would have to relocate it to the
inside of the trailer.  Well, I contacted
http://www.dcbattery.com/index.html, and one of their sales guys told me to
try using a battery made by a company called Powersonic.  It is a 12 volt,
deep cycle battery that measures 5.95" long X 2.56" wide X 3.86" high.  It
provides 7 amp hours of service.  I plan to connect two in parallel to get 14
amp hrs.  Granted, 14 hrs is not a lot, but it is an option for those who
want to keep the battery box intact.  These batteries are typically used as
battery back-up power in alarm systems.  I contacted Powersonic in San Diego
at 619/661-2030 and they put me in touch with a distributor in my area.  The
batteries are $23.00 each.  I'll give them a try and let everyone know how it
goes.

There you have it.

David