Re: [VAC] Fixing check valve

I don't want to throw out the check valve - it is a nice thing but I can't
figure out how to get it apart.  It is brass, I think, about 2" in diameter
and about 1/2' thick and has 1/2" inlet and outlet.   The parts turn, but
don't seem to come apart and I have not wanted to force anything.  If I
understood what it looked like inside, I could try to take it apart.  I am
sure you are correct and the gasket/washer has dried out. Any insight
appreciated.