Re: [VAC] Miscellaneous 12 volt Appliances

Moving air with 12 volts isn't so much of a problem, but creating
significant heat sure is. a 100 watt heating element (same heat as 100
watt incandescent lamp) requires 8 amps, 20 amps at 12 volts gives only
240 watts of heat and they typical home hair dryer takes more like ten
amps at 120 volts. At 12 volts that would be 100 amps, and take wire the
size of welding cable to give 1200 watts of heat.

One solution is short hair, that's my solution but since I've required
two mirrors to see all of my forehead for at least 30 years, there's not
a lot to prune. I figure letting beard or the remaining hard grow long
emphasizes where there isn't any so keep the sides trimmed more closely.
Short hair saves on shampoo and bath water too.

Gerald J.