Re: [VAC] Vulkem found

to my understanding vulkem is a polyurethane product. There are several
brands of these. I just purchased a cartridge (tube) of a  3M marine
polyurethane adhesive/sealant but it cost me $12.00! the guy at the boat
store recommended it over everything else even a tube that was almost 18.00
$12 is a lot of money but, if you consider the cost of the A/s and the hours
you spend doing the job $12 is a drop in the bucket. I would pay $30 a tube
if I knew that it would work. Think  of the endless hassles and aggravation
of redoing a job.
I also found a brand of solvent based (non silicone) gutter seal that billed
itself as 'semi-self leveling' I used this on that odd seam around the
access panels that is sort of 2 seams and a gap. It worked well and did
level out a bit to form a nice smooth and level surface
Finally - A bonus find at lowes they have a 'caulk tip' a metal piece that
screws on to the plastic tip of a caulk cartridge it come in large, medium
and small the small is about matchstick sized.