[VAC] More than one Airstream

Hi Ken Reed with the restored '57 Bubble,

As I was reading your comments, I suddenly stopped when you said, "We've
been pacing the floor without a project, wondering if it's true that you
really need more than one Airstream." In the midst of reading those words, I
knew there was a shaft of light shining in your direction.

Like many others in this discussion group, I get good natured chiding by
relatives for having "a yardful of worthless OLD Airstreams." Some relatives
actually think I'm daft and missing a few buttons. (Maybe they're wrong.)

What they don't know is all those OLD Airstreams are in a constant state of
evolving restoration. If I only had one Airstream, then all the parts I
stumble onto would have to be for only that one specific Airstream. BUT
instead - by having several - each time we stumble onto a mother lode of
boneyard parts, we buy parts for several Airstreams. As a result, the
success ratio per boneyard is much higher for us - because we have more than
one Airstream becoming a beneficiary.

Before you pounce on that line of thinking, I KNOW that convoluted logic is
always suspect. But in this case, it tends to support the rationalization
for having more than one Airstream - IF feelings of success and
accomplishment are important to the bounty hunter. I'm one bounty hunter who
thrives on being successful and having four Airstreams makes it possible for
me to be four times as successful per boneyard - as I would be if I only
tried to find parts for one Airstream. <grin> (That's a reach.)

What's my point? Ken, in my opinion, you can't go wrong by having more than
one Airstream being restored ALL the time. And, if you have read the recent
NY Times article about the California people who refurbish Airstream
interiors with custom sheepshin and then sell the Airstream for $28,000
dollars, YOU KNOW YOU MUST HAVE MORE THAN ONE AIRSTREAM being restored at
all times.

All of the above is said in jest - or is it? Where are those buttons?

Terry

PS - Take a peek at this if you haven't already done so:
http://www.seattlep-i.com/lifestyle/air15.shtml

SPS - Two weeks after you have visited the above website, tell us how many
Airstreams are in your backyard.