Re: [VAC] restoration project

To Roy and Debbie Lupien,

Congrats, and a Tip O' the Hat for the shell off, frame up , resto.   I
like that parquet floor and the cabinets.  Your Safari, is only the
second or third shell off that I have seen.  Others have done it, but it
is such a major job, that you must have certain skills, perseverance,
and a nice nest egg set aside for the work.   Please fill us in, on how
you cut the old lag screws or bolts that held the shell to the floor,
and how you lifted the shell off.  Did you have much help.  Tell us
also, how you reattached the shell and what you used for insulation.
Did you have to remove the lower inside skin, so you could get at the
screws in the channel??   When your Safari is completed, I hope you will
bring it to a Rally, with pictures.  A Shell off Resto, is the ultimate
in this Club.
Where are you located, and will you make it to Bismarck next week?

Congrats, again.
Bill Scott
61 Bambi
66 Trade Wind LY