Re: [VAC] Tear Drop Marker Lights

Greetings Bob!

The tear drop running lights are being reproduced with aluminum bases, and the
ones on my Overlander are marked made in Mexico.  The aluminum in the base is
not as heavy as the originals, and the plastic lenses are not of the same
quality as the originals - - there is noticeable fading of both amber and red
units on my rig after two years of use.  I am, however, satisfied in that they
appear original, tightly seal against the body, and eliminated the running light
short circuits that my rig suffered from for two years prior to the switch
over.  I purchased mine through my "nearby" Airstream dealer, Ace Fogdall, Inc.
of Cedar Falls, Iowa - - their prices were quite reasonable - - there was a
four-week lead time for the special order. Their web address is:

http://www.acefogdallrv.com

The tear drop marker lights were sourced from a generic RV supply catalog so
they should be readily available from most RV garages.

There are a number of people looking for spares or replacements for their
Bargmann No. 99 tail light lenses.  So far as I have heard, they are obsolete in
every sense of the word - - but as with many other such parts ask and look
around at any independent RV dealer as these tail lights were popular with many
manufacturers of the time period.

Good Luck with your project!

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban