Re: [VAC] Plywood floor

In a message dated 5/9/00 12:45:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jimcombs@nortelnetworks.com writes:

> I've seen folks in here call
>  it "marine" grade, but hardware stores around
>  here don't carry that stuff.  What's the difference
>  between marine grade and the regular CDX grade
>  (for example) that you can buy everywhere?

Jimbo: I worked in a plywood mill in a different life. All plywood is made
with water resistant glue...Marine/ CDX/ AC. The difference is in the number
of layers of veneer and quality of veneers. More layers, more strength and
cost. Also marine grade will not have any voids/spaces between the edges of a
layer, whereas CDX will have lots of voids and mismatches. AC is somewhere in
between.

Also please don't used treated out door plywood. It degasses some pretty
awful/dangerous fumes and should not be used on interior living spaces.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Best regards,

John C. @Air Stream 58 Caravanner & 63 Tradewind
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/airstream58/Page81.html">58/22' AirStream</A>